Reimagined and Revamped. Fighting the spread of nonsense often feels like a Sisyphean task. However, the joy is in making the information available, not the hope of conversion.

Test Post with Blogo

As I have written before, I recently switched to a mac, but I am still trying to find blogging software that rivals LiveWriter. I tried Mars Edit and Ecto, both of whch pale in comparison. This post was written with Blogo.

Mars edit was functional, but kind of annoying to use. I preferred Ecto. However ecto has a horrible habit of adding line breaks, so the posts come out poorly, and dog forbid I want to edit a previously posted entry, the line breaks got even worse.

The preview works pretty well (better than ecto), although why cant it just let me edit in the actual blog template like Livewriter does (well to some degree)? One of the features of blogo that is supposed to be good is dealing with pictures.

OK, pulling an image from the net is nice, you just drag it in, you dont need to copy a link and paste it. even the word wrap seems to work OK.

Anyway, so far so good. easy to install, pictures are easy, and hopefully the preview will be accurate. Here is their tagline from the website (obviously I'm just including it here to check out how quotes come out).

Easily publish text, images, videos, slideshows and more. With a simple, intuitive interface and support for Wordpress, Blogger, Typepad, Typo, Drupal, Joomla, and Expression Engine, Blogo is the best way to maintain your blog and spread the word with Twitter, Ping.fm and other supported services.

Obviously I have not checked it with all those blogging services, but for blogger and mac, to me, seems better than Mars or Ecto. Have a mac? What is your opinion?


File Under:
Comments