I recently saw this and was about to write about it. But dammit I was beaten to it by at least two people. Thanks for stealing my thunder guys (if there was any to start).
Well anyway, this silly company is trying to make the claim that their water is better because they sent up the electrolytes (salts) into space where they were exposed to microgravity. They of course make a few vague claims about what constitutes the superiority of their water.
- Space2O™ is purified water with spaceflight enriched electrolytes to replenish and refresh your body.
- The result is a one-of-a-kind purified H2O with exclusive spaceflown electrolytes that provide Space2O™ with an out-of-this world, refreshing taste
- They also have an energy drink
But there are three things I dont like about this. First off, how many studies must there be before people realize drinking bottled water is no better than tap water. Folks, stop wasting your money. Stop filling landfills with plastic bottles. Its true that filtering the tap water may make it taste better, but thats about it, no health benefits (unless you live in an area where the drinking water is not maintained...like in India or something).
The second part is that they imply that the space flight provides better taste, or makes the water more refreshing. Or affects the electrolytes at all. This is of course total nonsense. How about the initial multi-G the payload feels during launch? Does that affect it to?
If you want to expose your bottled water to weightlessness for an improved taste....drop the bottle. A falling object experiences the same microgravity that things in orbit feel.
Lastly are their claims of other nonsense. Thay say later that they are going to go through a phase II, which includes the follwoing activities
- Exploit the current microgravity state-of-the-art knowledge base
- Pharmaceutical products (quality, yield and cost improvements)
- Nanomaterial bonding and formulations
- Crystal growth
- Plant yield and variability with a focus on food products
- Biotechnology development and testing
- Apply our existing Phase II business models to create specifically identified products that can effectively compete in their respective markets such as:
- Cancer treatment
- Unique materials
- Space flight-derived food products (only possible in space)
Really? spaceflight derived products are only possible in space? You know rooftop-derived products (tm) are only possible on rooftops, does that make them special too? Sneaker-derived products anyone? The activities they are promising are activities already under way at far greater expense than some small water company with a useless product is going to be able to afford. Basically they are pleading with you to buy their stuff becuase they are going to fix the world with all the money they will be rolling in.
BTW has anyone actually verified that there is a salt package in those rockets?
Its a cute gimmick. Im sure people will fall into your nonsense hype. That is why I write here.
The comments are Braving the Elements are pretty funny. Good for a laugh.
Post a Comment